Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Week in the Life: Tuesday Words & Photos


6:00 am- Snooze the alarm

6:05 am- Wake up and get in the shower.  I try to get all the way finished with my shower and makeup and have nothing left to do except my hair by the time I wake the girls up.  This way I can enjoy breakfast with them.


6:30am- Wake the girls up.  They BOTH slept in their own beds last night! SCORE! Breakfast was cereal for everyone.

6:50am- We are trying something new at our house where they girls get an allowance each week for completing certain chores.  They check off the chores on their list and they get money depending on how many checks they have.  One of their chores is to feed and water the dogs each morning.  Kyndall is really on top of this, Libby not so much.


7:20am- School time.  Somehow, the girls have their 'extras' on the same day.  Today, they both have computer lab.  I didn't get pictures there, but I did send the iPad with the PE teacher and she took some awesome pictures.  There is something to be said for getting everyone involved in this project!
PS:  This is so typical of the girls.  Libby always, always, always plays with Brook-lynn and Riley.  They run around and play princess and teacher and whatever there imagination brings.  Kyndall always, always, always plays a game or sport....and intensely.  That girl is as competitive as they come!


4:30 pm- Chief and Snoogie's BBQ for supper, wolfed down in about five minutes before our 'activities' begin.  A plain potato, no meat, is their absolute favorite food right now.


5:00 pm- Drop Kyndall off at Maggie's for basketball practice and head to Libby's football game.  Sending one of our girls with a non-parent or grandparent is an extremely rare occurrence.  But this is a playoff game and quite possible could be Libby's last game to cheer at this season, so everyone wants to be there.  And I feel like Libby feels a little left out--Justin and I have neither one been super excited about her cheer season.  Not because of her at all, but because of the season itself.  All the games this time have run late starting, which added to the game itself means around 4 or 4 and a half hours at the football field on a Saturday.  Which is no fun, let me tell you.


6:00 pm- Game time.  I got to be coach tonight since both our REAL coaches were sick.  Woohoo! (<---and that is complete sarcasm.  Coaching a group of 5 and 6 year old cheerleaders while almost seven months pregnant is not wonderful, FYI.)  BUT I love that Libby has this sweet girl to cheer with.


8:00 pm- Pick up Kyndall.  A HUGE shout out to Emily--K had already been bathed and was all ready for bed.

8:10 pm- Libby fell asleep on the way home, so as soon as we walked in the door it was bedtime for the girls.

8:30 pm- I snuggled up in bed with some old magazines I hadn't had a chance to read yet while Justin settled down in front of the TV.


9:30 pm- Lights out at the West house.

One thing I've noticed this time around (after only two days) is that I am less concerned (stressed, worried) with getting lots of pictures and more mindful of paying attention to the stories of our day.  That is one thing Ali really stressed in her Week in the Life planning post and one thing I had really failed to do with last years WITL album.

No comments:

Post a Comment