Monday, January 6, 2014

Our No-Snow Snow Day

School ended up being cancelled today.  It's delayed tomorrow and Wednesday, too.  Now, I don't mind getting an unexpected free day, not at all, but this weather just stinks.  Zero snow, 13 degrees and feels like -4.  IN ALABAMA.  What the what?  We can't even leave our house.  I don't know how you people in the northern states do it.  We've done a little of this:


And a little of this:


And I ran on the treadmill just to get warm.  A few miles to shake out my legs from yesterday's 10 miler.  Then the girls and I did Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown DVD together.



They do pretty good for 5 and 7, don't you think?

All that and it was only 11 o'clock.  We voted on potato soup for supper, so I gave the girls knives and potatoes and told them to get to work while I took a nice, warm shower.  Only kidding.  I did all the grunt work--they did the easy stuff, like measure and pour in the milk and cheese.  Right now, it's simmering and smelling REALLY good.

And now, we are going to snuggle up and watch a movie.  I think Tarzan is the movie of choice.  Hot chocolate and a fire in the fireplace will happen.  Good times, even without the snow :)

What do you do on a no-snow Snow Day when it's too cold to go out?  

No comments:

Post a Comment