Sunday, October 20, 2013

UCP Half Marathon: ONE week to go!


I will be running my first half marathon is less than 7 days.  It's almost unimaginable.  I have LOVED training for this half and hope to remain in half marathon 'shape'.  I've already checked the halfmarathon.com calendar and there are several races coming up in the next few months in my area (i.e. in around a 2 hour driving range).  This may be superstitious to say, seeing as how I haven't yet run the official race, but I think I'm addicted to this racing distance!

Monday:  Sick little one at home = rest day for Mommy

Tuesday:  see above

Wednesday:  3 miles on the treadmill with Gossip Girl + Netflix (don't worry--there are like, 7 seasons of Gossip Girl.  It's going to last me a w-h-i-l-e!)

Saturday: Liz Hurley 5K

Sunday: Slept through my alarm, so I missed my long run this morning.  Replaced the long run with a 3 mile obstacle run through the farm--complete with gate climbs and cattle gap jumps.  PS:  I tested out my running hair-do for the actual half next weekend.  I don't like running in hats, but I feel like that keeps my hair out of my eyes the best.  Usually, hair bands slip and make me frustrated.  I tried out a new hairband, and it was ok.  I'm still a little undecided, but I guess it'll do.  PS:  I almost bought a Sweaty Band at my local Fleet Feet this week, but I wasn't sure it would do any better than the regular bands.

Personally, this is my favorite:


I have an unruly mop of hair, and the front sections are a little too short to stay back in just a ponytail.   And I'm just not a fan of running in hats.  I really need a hair band, or clip, or something, that will stay put for 13.1 miles.  So if you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment