Sunday, September 15, 2013

Workout Recap--Half Marathon Training

This shirt.  I need it.

If you are family and you care nothing about my running, and are just here to check up on my girls, see my previous Week in the Life posts.

If you are here for my awesome organization skills (ha!), check out this blog, especially her printable calendar that I will definitely be purchasing in 2014.

If you are here for your daily inspiration, I'm so sorry read this post about Mom Guilt, and how to get over it.

And if, by chance, you actually are here about running (or are like me and are just super nosy about other peoples lives), here is my workout rewind for the week:

Monday:  Easy recovery run after Sunday's 6 miler.  I logged 3.1 miles in 27:54.

Wednesday: 3.1 miles in 27:57.  (Really should've been faster but whatev's.  I wasn't feeling it.  Who are you to judge me?) 1 mile at faster than 5K pace in 6:24.  Total miles:  4.1

Friday:  *Picture this:  5 a.m., pitch black darkness.  An old lady pulls up, gets out wearing SUNGLASSES, takes an UMBRELLA and a box out of her car, and walks to the playground at the park.  The complete weirdness of this totally threw off my run this morning.  Not to mention the fact that I didn't want to run anywhere near her, so I was stuck running tiny circles which kicked my ADD into overdrive.
             Morning run--->2 miles, 17:57.
             Evening run (to make up for wacky morning run)-->3 miles, 22:39
Total miles for Friday:  5

Sunday: 6 miles in 49:01.  Boo-yah! (In all honesty, I did stop twice to deal with dog issues.  And I stopped my timer when I stopped, so I got 2 unintentional breaks.)

Total miles this week:  18 (18.2 if you want to get technical, and I don't.)

In other news, (and maybe some TMI), I have always been a huge sweater.  I can stand outside in the heat and my shirt will be soaked.  Lately, after my runs, when my sweat has dried, I have discovered that I am covered in SALT.  Like, I can dust the salt off my chin from where the sweat has dried.  What's up with that?  I'm going to refer this question to the running doctors (aka:  Facebook), but if you have any suggestions or medical opinions, feel free to let me know =)

*After some investigation, I found out that the crazy lady from Friday is, in fact, crazy.  But harmless.  Apparently, she comes to the park at all hours of the night to talk to the aliens.  She always wears sunglasses, brings her umbrella, and a box.  Presumably, the box contains the ASHES of her husband.  OMG.


Exercise releases endorphins.  Endorphins make you happy.  Happy people don't shoot their husbands.  -Elle Woods, aka: Alicia Silverstone, Legally Blonde 

No comments:

Post a Comment