Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week in the Life: Sunday Words + Photos

6:15 a.m.  Hit snooze once.

6:25 a.m  Fly out of bed because I'm supposed to meet my friends for a run in 5 minutes :)

6:40 a.m.  6 miles in 49:01.  (I'm trying to brag, but then Justin reminded me that 6 miles is LESS THAN HALF the distance I have to go for the half.  Shot down my ego real quick.)

 7:45 a.m.  Walk in the door and head straight for the good stuff.

7:50 a.m.  Normally, I would be getting everyone up and ready for church at this time.  Today, we are playing hooky from morning services.  We have a family reunion (of sorts) with Justin's family that would cause us to leave early, so I decided to let the girls sleep in.  While they (and Justin) are still snoring, I attempt to work on a few more tshirt designs.  Apparently, someone needs some attention.

8:45 a.m.  The girls finally roll out of bed and come to snuggle with me in the recliner.  Please excuse the 'ratchetness' of myself in this picture--it's bedhead + hat hair + no makeup all rolled into one.

9:15 a.m.  Cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Can you guess which child has to have hers cut up and eaten with a fork?  That would be the diva that is Libby Brooke :)

9:20 a.m.  Forcing this child to drink fluids.  She NEVER drinks and I constantly worry about her getting dehydrated.  Especially as active as she is.  Justin and I were both shouting "Chug, chug, chug" while she was drinking this milk.  How sad is that?

Milk mustache =)
11:15 a.m.  Getting ready.  A fun part of being a daddy to girls--drying their hair when Mom doesn't have time!

12:15 p.m.  I am a lipstick addict.  I can easily go without makeup, or my hair fixed, but I must have something on my lips.  This is evident on every cup or bottle I drink.

12:30 p.m.  Lunch with the family.  Justin's Aunt Fumie, originally from Japan and now from Utah, was in town.  A family photo shoot was necessary.  Arthur had to be in it, you know, for the book.

1:15 p.m.  Bike rides around town.  



1:25 p.m.  Putting pennies on the tracks, just like daddy did when he was little.

The pennies, after.
6:00 p.m.  Luau night at Awana.

6:15 p.m.  While the girls were at Awana, we made a few shirts.  A customer going to Disney World soon ordered shirts for their trip.  12 shirts, 4 different designs, one of which was this:

7:55 p.m.  Girls tucked snuggly into bed and hopefully, Justin and I won't be far behind them.  I need to start this week off right with a good night's sleep :)


PS:  I can't believe this is the last day of Week in the Life.  I'm anxious to get these photos and words put into a layout.  I really feel like doing this has made me examine the little details of our life and the busy-ness of our schedule more closely.  This is definitely a project everyone should do at least once a year, if not twice!





No comments:

Post a Comment