Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I met Jerrod Neimann!!! #FanBash2013 (EEEK!)



I'm a BIG lover of music, especially country music, and I've been a long-time fan of Jerrod Niemann.  Number 15 on my 30 Before 30 list was to see him in concert.  Well, I one-upped myself.  I purchased tickets to a Fan Club party with Jerrod and Lee Brice, another amazing country artist.

Justin, Mallory, Trey and I headed toward Nashville around 7:30 yesterday morning.  The party started at 11:00 and we didn't want to be late :).  When we walked in, tables were set up with Whitt's BBQ, so we all fixed heaping plates.  I tweeted:  "I'm so excited to see @leebrice and @jrodfromoz that I can't even eat....Just kidding, I can always eat!"  I WAS super excited though!

Once we had our plates and found seats, it wasn't long until Jerrod and Lee came out on stage.  They treated the 500 fans there to an a capella concert for about an hour-- just their voices and their guitars.  It was amazing.  I SO need them to make an a capella CD, because those men sound amazing!!

A new band, American Young, followed them and played while everyone was getting ready for the meet and greet.  I was very impressed--they were an amazing duo!  Their new album comes out in August, and I've already pre-ordered it.  The girl half of the duo is Kristy Osmunson, formally from the band Bomshel.  Bomshell's biggest hit was the song "Fight Like A Girl."  During the Fan Club Party, a 10 year old visually-impaired girl got on stage to sing that song with the new duo, American Young.  There wasn't a dry eye in the place!

After the concert, we got in line for our meet and greet.  I got so tickled watching them meet other fans before me-- they greeted each and every person like long lost friends! It was neat!  When it was my turn, I didn't act crazy or anything.  I did get a hug from both of them, an individual picture, and then made Justin jump in for one.


I'm really glad that I put this on my list.  If it wasn't on there, I think it would have wound up being one of those things I always wanted to do, but never got around too.  Definitely worth the drive and the money spent.  And to top it all off, it was an entire day spent with my hubby and my sis that we will always remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment