Friday, May 31, 2013

For the Love of Yoga (A 30 Before 30 Update)


If you've read my 30 Before 30 post, you know that taking a yoga class is on that list.  So yesterday morning I woke up early and went to a yoga class near our house.  I talked my mom and a friend into going with me.  I have to say, I was a bit cocky about the whole yoga thing.  I thought, "I'm a runner.  I'm going to go in here and stretch my muscles out, yada, yada."  I was a little embarrassed.  The class was an hour long Yoga/ Pilates class and it worked muscles I didn't even know I had.  About halfway through my muscles were shaking so bad I didn't know if I would even be able to walk out of the gym.

The next day I was sore, but it was that pleasant soreness that comes from a really good workout.  I am definitely in love with yoga now.  Well, yoga and pilates.  It is such a great strength-training workout and the stretches help me feel long and lean.  I'll be going back to the class again, probably each time it's offered over the summer.  I also want to buy a DVD so that I can work out at home.  Any of you yog-inis out there have any recommendations on a good DVD?

No comments:

Post a Comment