Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Wishes

Some days, I wish I could send my girls to daycare. They need a break from each other, and I need a break from them. Today has NOT been one of those days. Days like today make me seriously consider homeschooling. I so want to soak up days like today.

Our day went something like this. I woke up early and enjoyed a cup of coffee on the patio while I watched a hot air balloon float by. I was so enraptured by the balloon that I didn't think to get a picture, but here is my coffee cup. Doesn't it just make you happy with that bright yellow?


The girls woke up and immediately wanted to go check the chickens.  We did, and found a few eggs.


And if you let the girls check the chickens, they are going to want to pet Taco and June...




And after all that fun, we got dressed and went to the pool for a few hours. 


And then it was back to the house to do a little learning.  It IS summer, after all, so it was only a little learning.  (This is where that whole "I would SO homeschool!" thing comes in.)  Kyndall read a book and wrote a few words I dictated.

Libby worked on her name and practiced counting objects to 10.

Later, we had dinner at Nana and Papaw's.

And we finished up the evening with our 2nd soccer practice of the season.

Days like today make we wish I could homeschool my girls.  That way, we could keep this relaxed, enjoyable schedule up all the time and not get lost in the rush once school starts back.  But if wishes were horses, I'd have a whole dang rodeo, and school starts back in a little over two weeks.  Better enjoy this while we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment