Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Hello, Third Trimester


This week I hit the third trimester mark.  I can't even believe it.  With both girls, I can remember the pregnancy just d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g on.  While I am very anxious to meet out baby boy, I feel like I'm going to blink and he'll be here.  So right now, I'm just going to soak up and enjoy every last second of this pregnancy.

Baby size:  a large eggplant.  It so cracks me up that all these baby sites compare using fruit and veggies.  Picturing a "large eggplant" planted inside my belly makes me laugh.

Sickness:  No nausea at all.  I have been having issues with my sugar dropping and me passing out.  Hopefully they will figure all this out at my appointment next week.

Energy:  I think I am nesting a little early.  Compared to earlier in the pregnancy, I have lots of energy. I'm slowly getting things ready in the house and I've even taken a few walks around the neighborhood.

Cravings:  Still none.  I have been getting more decaf white mocha's from Starbucks, but that's something I want all the time.  Not just during pregnancy.


Phrases heard recently:  
From a Hispanic parent at school:  "You are just pregnant in your belly....well, and these." (Said while pointing to my chest!)
From my yearbook lady:  "I'm working with another lady who is due in February, too, but you are SOOOO much bigger than she is!"
From a coworker:  "You are SO big this time... I bet he's going to be a porker!"

Feeling:  Ecstatic.  Baby boy moves all the time, I mean ALL THE TIME, ya'll.  And even though those kicks are getting stronger and harder, it just reminds me that he is getting stronger and healthier.

We are getting the nursery ready piece-by-piece.  I still have TONS to get to be considered 'ready', but I'm not going to worry about it.  If Jase decides to make his appearance before we have everything, I'll just take advantage of my Amazon Prime =) (<--I think I only feel that way because this isn't my first (or second) rodeo.  The first two times around, I totally stressed about having ALL THE THINGS!)

I know this is my last pregnancy, so I'm trying hard to remember each and every little thing.  Exactly how I feel.  Exactly how he kicks and rolls and moves.  Exactly how both girls kiss my belly and tell him good night.  I am truly cherishing each minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment