Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's A........ Gender Reveal!

Originally, I thought I didn't want to find our what we were having.  I imagined the doctor holding up our third child on the day of his/her arrival, saying "It's a _____!!!"  Very movie-ish.  But alas, I was outvoted.   My sweet friend Ashley wanted to give us a gender reveal party, so we had the ultrasound technician place the gender ultrasound photo in an envelope, where we couldn't see.  (I was fine with this entire plan, right up until the moment that she said "Oh, I know what it is!".  At that very second, I was DYING to know!  And no matter what I said, she wouldn't tell me.  I mean, who's side was she on, anyways?)

Everyone dressed according to their prediction.  Kyndall wore blue and Libby wore pink.



Justin wore blue (wishful thinking) and I wore pink.  Part of me thought it was a boy, but I knew that if one day we had a boy, he wouldn't care that I wore pink for our gender reveal.  But if it was a girl, I would definitely hear about it if I wore blue. :)



My mom and dad both wore pink.  My dad said, considering our family history, there was no possible way it was going to be a boy.  So he went to Martin's to purchase a pink shirt.


The hopeful "Team Blue".....half of which said, "It's going to be another girl."


And the tiny "Team Pink".  Camp's shirt was the cutest--it said "I'm voting for a girlfriend.  #MrsTerry."


And the results:



It's A BOY!


The first boy in a long line of girls....poor thing.  


Libby was very concerned leading up to the reveal that her silly string can wouldn't work, and wouldn't you guess, it didn't.  And then, while I was trying to fix that, Kyndall got silly string in Lib's hair.  And it was all over from there.  The tears started and she was so upset.  She said, "I don't even want a boy!  You can't put makeup on a boy!"

However, after several party-attenders assured her that she could, indeed, put makeup on a boy (when he was really little), she was ok.  And now she is just as excited as the rest of us!

Jase Allen West will be here with us in February (or possibly late January).  We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment