Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Links and Loves, 8 ed.


This post happens every Friday.  If you're new here, check out the "Cool Products" tag on the right sidebar to see past posts. 

LINKS:
I Can't Believe I'm Telling You This.  While breastfeeding my girls until they were 2 wasn't for me, I totally agree with sharing things with other moms.  I've said it before and I'll say it again-- this motherhood thing is a team sport.  We need encouragement from other moms-and even if it's not something I, personally, am on board with, who am I to judge what you think is best for your own child?  (FYI:  I did breastfeed K until around 15 months and had to stop when I got pregnant with Libby.  I didn't have a definite plan to stop, so who knows?  Maybe I would have continued until she was 2....)

The Titus study through She Reads Truth.  I missed out on the Nehemiah study through the winter, but I'm all on board with this one.  I didn't order the study guide, but I do plan to order the one before the Ruth study starts.  (PS:  Today is Day 5 of the Titus study, so if you're just starting, you'll need to catch up!)

On Big Kid Adoption.  Ya'll.  These big kids have my heart.  Every single time I hear someone mention adoption, they are looking for babies.  Possibly toddlers, but most definitely not "big kids."  And that is definitely OK.  And trust me, I understand all the concerns.  Justin and I have had these conversations ourselves.  But guess what!! Those big kids need love too.  They need the support from a family, too.  Big kid adoption is certainly not for everyone.  But thank goodness there are families, like this one, who are willing to love these big kids.

How I Don't Do It All. I shared this link on Facebook, but didn't include in in last week's L&L post.  It's so easy to look at other moms and compare ourselves.  But the truth is, NONE of us have it all together.


LOVES:


These Sanuk Yoga sandals.  Cute and SO comfy!

This BOSE Mini Speaker.  Let me clarify--Justin is loving this.  I'm thinking it's the perfect Father's Day gift.

Grace For the Good Girl:  Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life.  I've shared Emily's posts before in my links section, but I've not listed her book in my loves.  This book stepped on my toes in so many ways.  In the first chapter, Emily explains that by being a good girl, she struggled with understanding God's grace.  She still felt like she had to PROVE her worth.  Guys, I could have written this book.  If you haven't read it, you must.


Preferen
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

2 comments:

  1. I always look forward to reading your links and loves post! :)

    ReplyDelete