Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summer Goals and Projects

We have spent the Memorial Day holiday at the beach with family.  I can't wait to share that with you, but while I'm getting the post ready, I thought I would share a few things that are on our Summer To-Do list.

I am a list-maker.  I have confessed before that I sometimes write tasks on my list after completion just so I can mark them off.  And with summer break only days away, I have a mile-long list of projects I would love to see completed this summer.  And what better way to hold myself accountable than to share them with you?

In no certain order, here are the tasks I would like to see completed this summer.

Keep on keepin' on with our Project Life album.  I am so in love with this project and I can't wait to see the finished album.

Plan for an attic playroom space.

Paint our house.  When we moved in, we didn't paint the walls.  Every wall in our house is the same color, and I'm ready for NEW!  I'm looking at a combination of these colors.

Add a garage mudroom, much like this one.

Complete our 2014 Summer Manifesto (yet to be written), just like we did last summer.  {If you click on that link, forgive the horrible photos.  It is very obviously an old post, before I got all 'professional' and everything.}  The girls and I are still working on the 2014 list, but I'll share soon.

Streamline our "stuff".  After reading only the summary of the book Seven by Jen Hatmaker, as well as a smattering of blog posts, I've decided we have day to much stuff.  Which, apparently, leads to extra stress in my life :) I would love to get rid of our 'excess.'

And that's just the beginning.  (I know, poor Justin, right?)  What is on your summer list?



No comments:

Post a Comment