Thursday, February 20, 2014

Clean Eating, Take Two

With all the traveling we've been doing lately, my clean eating train has been derailed.  I've done pretty well through the week, it's the weekends (when we are traveling) that get me!  Eating clean on the road is TOUGH!!

We fully intend to stay home the next few weeks, so I'm jumping back on the clean eating train.  I'm even going to ATTEMPT to take out that pesky daily Dr. Pepper.  No promises, though. :)

In addition to clean(er) eating, I'm gearing up for my next half marathon--the St. Jude Country Music Half in Nashville, Tennessee.  If you've been reading my blog, you know that I had major hip pain after my last half three weeks ago.  I haven't run much since then, but what little I have ran, there has still been hip pain.  Nothing too bad, but enough to make me worry that it'll get worse once I start longer runs.  I've spent a lot of time the past few weeks stretching, and I really thing that is helping.

I'm also going to make a point to cross train.  I think that was part of my problem as well--those hip muscles weren't used to anything other than a steady run on a treadmill.  I'm going to run 3-4 days a week, with one long run on Sunday.  The other few days, I'm going to do my friend Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown DVD (which I love) and attempt lifting a few weights.

Hopefully, when I check back in with our progress, I'll have some good news to report.  And maybe even a few good recipes to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment