Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

We have had a super low-key weekend and it has been wonderful! On Saturday, we slept in (ok, only until 7:30, but that's better than usual) and then had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes and biscuits with chocolate gravy are our go-to weekend breakfasts. After lounging around for a little while, we made a quick run to town for groceries. We made Justin take us to Ulta to get some girly things (specifically makeup for me--thank you youtube makeup girls!) and then came home for the rest of the day. We put our pajamas back on at 2pm and it was amazing.


This is what happens when I try to read. How am I supposed to read with his big head in the way? (Good news for him--I love his snuggles!)

Sunday I met Anna at 5 am for our long run.  I got in 10 miles, not the scheduled 13, but my body just wasn't feeling it.  Then it was time for church and after that, my favorite home cooked meal. Grilled tri-tip steak fajitas. I'll admit, part of the reason this is one of my favorite meals is because Justin gets to do all the work :) Justin's parents came to eat and after lunch, we all loaded up and took a trip to Krispy Kreme (a 30 minute trip). The girls got free donuts for each 'A' on their report card.


Somehow we got lucky and wound up with 2 dozen free donuts, plus a dozen assorted that we did pay for. We'll be having donuts for days!

Sunday night brought AWANA and prep for the week.  We started out last week with 2 degree temps, reached the low 60's this weekend, and are expecting snow and 20 degree temps next week.  This Alabama weather has seriously got to get a grip on her bi-polarness!

What exciting thing did you do on your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment