Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'm "The Mom" and other randomness

OK so I mentioned in my last post, which just happened to be several days ago (so much for posting daily) that I am trying to be a little more healthy around here.  Now, I am not and will probably never be on the clean eating kick.  I just love tacos and popcorn and Dr. Pepper and nachos and..... you get the point.  But, I can make choices that are better for us.  Choices like eating more fruits and veggies each day.

Yesterday, I made smoothies.  Green smoothies.  Made with spinach, banana, mango, pineapple and a little water for the consistency.  Guess what?  The girls LOVED them--drank 2 whole glasses each!  Score 1 for mom.

Today, I made brownies following this Deceptively Delicious recipe.  Spoiler alert:  the brownies have carrots AND spinach puree in them.  Again, the girls (and Justin) loved them.


I also made some changes in my grocery list--no more cheese pizza lunchables for the girls' school lunches.  I have a whole plan, and it's healthy.  They are going to be taking things like boiled eggs, edamame, salad, peanut butter and banana sandwiches on whole wheat bread.  All things they love, but that take a little extra prep from me.

And on another note, we are out of school tomorrow! Thank you, Dr. Martin Luther King!

No comments:

Post a Comment