Monday, December 9, 2013

Hot Mess

This morning was Monday from the moment my alarm went off....for the THIRD time.  I had set it for 5am to get up and run, which I cancelled the second it started beeping.  Then, when my back-up alarm went off at 6am, I hit snooze.  Which I NEVER do.  I am not one of those people who set the alarm early so that I have time to snooze it--I set it for the exact time that I have to get up.  When my alarm went off again 10 minutes later, I flew out of bed and into the shower.

As we were walking out the door, I thought to myself that the girls and I all three looked like hot messes.  I was a slacker last night and didn't lay out clothes for any of us, so I had to throw something together this morning.  K's hair was a mess and I didn't have time to curl it, so I pulled it up into a quick ponytail.  But then, in my hurry, I put too much hairspray on it so it looked like a slicked-down mess.

We all three piled in the car, and took a collective sigh....we should make it to school at exactly 7:35--I HAVE to be there by 7:40.  As the garage door was slowly lowering, I remembered that K had a field trip to the high school today to make gingerbread houses.  Which means lots of pictures.  And she looks like a hot mess.  I frantically ran back into the house to grab a Christmas shirt and the curling iron and ran back out.  This time, we made it to the entrance of our subdivision before K reminds me that she is supposed to have a sack lunch.  Throw the car in reverse, run back in for the SECOND time, grab a cheese pizza Lunchable.  FINALLY, we are on our way.

I'm proud to say that I squeeled in on two wheels pulled in the parking lot at exactly 7:39.  (One of the benefits of living close to school!)  Once we were there, I curled K's hair in about 2.5 minutes, changed her clothes, and told her she was beautiful.  Because she is, even if she had been dressed like a hot mess. =)

The rest of our day went well.  L had a great day and K had lots of fun making a gingerbread house with her pen pal.  The pals even made special pillows for their "littles".

After school, we ran some quick errands, had a very nutritious Taco Bell for supper (<--Libby's pick!), then went to watch my cousin be crowned homecoming queen at her school's basketball game.  She has come so far, with so little, and I am SO VERY proud of her! We love you, Hannah!

All in all, it was a great day.  So the motto of this story?  Even if your day starts out as a hot mess, you can turn it into something great.

What is your least favorite day of the week?

Do YOU ever have a morning where you just need a do-over?

No comments:

Post a Comment