Friday, December 6, 2013

Disney on Ice: School-wide field trip


I know you have all been on pins and needles waiting on my report.  I am happy to say that the school-wide field trip today to see Disney on Ice was a SUCCESS!  All ten buses, filled with all 590 students and faculty, made it safely to and from the civic center.



The students seemed to LOVE the show!  Here we are, filling in 6 entire sections.  (There were a few classes taking a bathroom trip during the taking of this photo!)


The show included Mickey and Minnie, along with many of the Disney princesses.  Jasmine and Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Princess Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip, Tinkerbell, and Cinderella.  This is one of my favorite parts:


How gorgeous is that carriage?

The portion of the show about Sleeping Beauty even had Maleficent turning into a dragon and breathing REAL fire.  So cool! 

Funny of the day:  All the kids knew that I was the one who organized the trip for our school.  Apparently, to them, this meant I was in charge of the entire show.  When it was time for the show to start, a third-grader leaned over and said "Mrs. West, are you going to turn the lights off now?" 

Yes, yes I am.

We are already looking forward to next year's trip! =)






No comments:

Post a Comment