Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Day


Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll!! Today starts my FAVORITE time of the year!

This morning, the girls and I slept in.  I got up around 7:30 and enjoyed a cup of coffee (or two) in the quiet.  The girls stayed in bed until 8:45!  I went in to wake them up, but they looked like this:



I just couldn't do it.  So when they finally rolled out of bed, we enjoyed a couple cinnamon rolls, another big cup of coffee for me, and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV.  (One day soon, I want us to be there watching the parade live and in person!)

During commercial breaks, I made a pineapple casserole to take to my Great-Aunts for our family lunch.  (I'll be sure to share the recipe on here at some point!)  Then I squeezed in a quick 5K on the treadmill.  Treadmill time is about the only time I have to read, and I am 75% through Sycamore Row, by John Grisham.  It's been a really good read, but it getting even better toward the end!

Lunch will start at 12:30 at my Aunt Opal's, then we'll go to my Grandmothers at 3:00.  After that, the girls are staying with my parents and Justin and I are headed to Nashville to do some Black Thursday/Friday shopping with Mike and Carrie!  Hopefully, I'll have lots of good deals to brag about in my next post!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment