Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hump Day Rewind


It's HUMP DAY, ya'll! If you haven't seen that commercial, you have been living under a rock.  Or something.  It's hilarious.


This week, Kyndall played her last soccer game of the season (sniff, sniff).  It's bittersweet--I'm glad for the extra time we are going to have, but I LOVE (and SHE loves) the game of soccer!  They finished out the season in 2nd place.

BTW, she took a major kick to the head during the Championship game (from the ball, not a foot).  Bad enough that it knocked her whole body sideways.  My girl was so tough--she took off running after the ball like nothing had happened.  A few seconds later, when the ref called time, he walked over and asked her if she was ok.  She was definitely teary-eyed, but when he motioned for the coach to take her out for a few minutes, she looked at him like he was crazy and said "No! I'm ok!"  I'm so proud of how tough she is, and how much she truly loves playing this sport!


On Tuesday night, Carrie and I went to a Power of Pink event for Breast Cancer Survivors.  Everything was decked out in pink.  There were snacks, make-up applications, scarf tying demonstrations, and more.  Pretty neat, and a huge shout-out to Belk of Huntsville for putting on this event.  After, we made a trip to Rosie's, of course.  And maybe Michael's and Hobby Lobby, but don't tell anyone :)

The rest of our week will be pretty boring--we have errands to run tonight and I have parent conference day tomorrow, which means I'll be at school from 7 am until 7 pm.  I DO get a lunch break, and we've already decided on Olive Garden.  This weekend we have a super fun trip planned to the pumpkin patch, and I can't wait to share all the pictures I know I'll have from that!

Happy Hump Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment