Monday, August 26, 2013

Be Present


This weekend I had a to-do list 10 miles high.  The laundry pile was taking over our bedroom.  The floor was still sticky from a spilled glass of grape juice that didn't get cleaned up well enough.  The dogs needed bathing.

But then my girls decided they needed me.  They needed me to cuddle and watch TV.  They needed me to read books.  They needed me to paint toenails.  They needed me to just sit and talk about their first week at school.  And that need trumps the to-do list any day.

So instead of laundry, or cleaning, or washing dogs, I was PRESENT with my precious girls.  And you know what?  I don't regret a single second.  (It is amazing how often that word has come up since I made it my One Little Word for 2013!)

I did have time in the late evening hours, after the girls went to bed, to catch up on my blog reading.  I want to share a few posts with you.

For a good giggle, read this post by Roo at Neon Fresh.

For a reminder about what's important in your home, try For When Your Floors Are Tacky.

If you just need a new outlook for today, visit Angie Smith's blog for Portion.

If you are a scrapbooker, check out Becky's post on photography children's artwork.

For running inspiration, you must read this from Mile Long Legs.

And whatever you do, DO NOT search youtube for Miley Cyrus's VMA performance.  Trust me.  Just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment