Saturday, March 2, 2013

On the (Virtual) Bookshelf



I've been reading nonstop lately, and I thought I would share a few of my recommendations (or lack of) in a post.  First up, Bossypants by Tina Fey.  This is an autobiography of Tina's life.  While normally, I find Tina hilarious, I just couldn't get into her book.  It was one that I had to force myself through and wouldn't recommend.

The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski is one of the best books I've read lately.  It is the story of a 30-something lady (June) who is in a horrible car accident with a new friend.  The new friend had written a bucket list, and June decides to finish the list.  This book was very entertaining and very uplifting and I would definitely recommend it.

I am a sucker for books turned into movies.  I love to read the book, watch the movie, and then compare the two.  Silver Linings Playbook is no different.  Though I haven't seen the movie yet (and I ADORE Jennifer Lawrence), the book was absolute gold.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, by Maggie Stiefvater, is classified in the young adult series.  But so are the Twilight and Hunger Games series', and look how many adults love them.  I would put this series right up there with the aforementioned ones.  I read all three books in a little over a week.  Awesome reads.

Next up, I have The Night Circus, The Shoemakers' Wife, and Drinking and Tweeting.  What's on your reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment