Thursday, November 8, 2012

Family


I come from a relatively small family.  I have one sister and six first-cousins, four of whom are MUCH younger than I am.  So it was a completely new experience to me when I met Justin’s family and he had four brothers and sisters and six first cousins.  And they are SO CLOSE.

Now, the family is all spread out and are rarely able to get together.  This weekend is the exception.  I feel like I should run through town yelling:  “The Wests’ are coming! The Wests’ are coming!”  I feel downright giddy when I think about tomorrow.  Not all, but most of the cousins are coming into town to spend the long weekend and visit.  It’s always so much fun when they get together. 

I love to listen as they take walks down memory lane.  The fights and the mischief and the joy.  The remembering.  The late-night laughter giggles.  (They would be embarrassed for me to call it that, but I speak the truth.)

I am so thankful that my girls have this wonderful, amazing family to grow up in.  They have aunts and uncles to look up to and cousins to play with and I could not ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment