Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hello August!

The last few days of summer are quickly dwindling away.  I have 3 days left, but who's counting?  We've been doing a lot of back-to-school preperation around here.  Purchasing school supplies, picking out a few new outfits, and backpack shopping.

I think shopping for a backpack has been Kyndall's favorite task, by far.  It's what got her really excited.  We did most of our shopping online at places like LLBean and Pottery Barn Kids.  I liked this one, she liked that one.  We were back and forth for hours. 

The final winner was



As much as I'm dreading the end of our summer break, it's also kind of exciting to start a new school year.  Most people make new resolutions in January; but as a school teacher, my frest start begins in August.  I have my calendar all laid out, with our schedules written in.  I have our first 2 weeks of clothes planned out, and I even have a month of August menu, so that our suppers require no thought process on my part.

My new 2012-2013 school year resolutions:
*Wake up early so that our mornings are rushed.
*Have a quiet time every morning.
*Resume running (I took the summer off from a pretty rigorous running program.)
*Cook dinner at home at least 3 nights a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment