Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Soapapilla Cheesecake

I am going to share a top secret recipe with you.  OK, maybe not so top-secret.  It was left laying out at last year's VBS and I swiped it.  (And by swiped it, I mean took a photo with my phone--not stealing, of course!) 

So for this post, purely for my enjoyment, I am going to pretend to be an expert chef.  Think the Pioneer Woman or Rachael Ray.  And you, my dear reader, are going to be a beginning cook. 

To begin with, you need this:
 2 cans crescent rolls
1 package cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups sugar

Spread one package of crescent rolls across the bottom of a 9x13 dish.  Be sure to apply non-stick cooking spray first. =)


Soften cream cheese in the microwave, then add 1 cup sugar.  Stir well.


Pour cream cheese and sugar mixture over the layer of crescent rolls.


Layer the second package of crescent rolls on top of the cream cheese and sugar mixture.


Soften stick of butter in the microwave and then add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.  Spread this mixture on the very top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Serve warm.  Soapapilla cheesecake is great for dessert or breakfast and is even good reheated.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment