Saturday, July 14, 2012

The One in Which I Direct A Wedding

I was honored to be asked to direct a wedding this weekend.  It was the wedding of my very best friend from high school, Cassie's, sister.  And the first wedding I have ever directed.  We have had the hottest, dry-est summer I can remember, but the week leading up to the wedding it has rained non-stop.  And the wedding was outdoors.

The rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch.  We all crossed our fingers the weather would hold off for the wedding.  It didn't.  It began raining about an hour before the wedding and didn't stop until late into the night. 

But you know what?  It was one of the sweetest weddings I've ever been too.  He didn't care that his shirt was soaked, she didn't care that her makeup might run.  Or her dress get wet.  Or her hair might be ruined.  All either one of them were concerned with was getting married.  Their forever was ahead of them, and rain or shine, they were getting it started.  She walked down the aisle with an umbrella, but at the end of the night, they walked away as Mr. and Mrs. Bradford!!  Congratulations to you both!




No comments:

Post a Comment