Saturday, June 16, 2012

Our Saturday Adventure


A couple of weeks ago, I was able to score some indoor rock climbing tickets for super cheap.  Kyndall always loves the rock walls at the beach, so I thought this would be right up her alley.  Libby isn't into the adventure junkie stuff, so she decided to hang with my mom for the day.  After dropping Libby off with Gra-Gra, we headed out.  And this is how Kyndall rolls:
She hates despises short socks, so she insists on wearing tall ones and rolling them down.  Cute, I know, but it's not worth the battle.  When we get to the rock climbing gym, we sign our waivers, gather our equipment, and head into a room that is roughly 25 feet high and 30 feet wide--a total of 6000 square feet of climbing space.  There are man-made rocks on every wall and across the ceiling.  It looks like this.
I don't know these people, they are just fellow adrenaline junkies.

We were given a short lesson of the basics, and left to do our thing.  Kyndall conquered the rock walls. 


 The 'routes' are leveled from 5-13, with 5 being a beginner level route and 13 being expert.  These levels are based on adult climbers.  My little no-fear girl climbed a level 9 all the way to the top.  25 feet up, remember?

And here are a few photos Kyndall took of me and Justin climbing:




Yes, in that bottom photo, I was a little bit stuck.  See how each rock has a different color tape under it?  That's how you know which route is yours--pink tape is one level, orange is another, etc.  I'm pretty sure I am on a level 8 in this bottom photo.  Justin, of course, did an 11 on his first day.  Typical! :)

So anyways, I would absolutely recommend the indoor rock climbing thing.  We stayed for almost four hours, had a blast, and are planning another trip in the near future.  I doubt we'll ever step it up to the hardcore, real-rock climbing adventure, but I have to think this is pretty close.

And just in case you're wondering what Libby did with herself today, this is it.

Forever my girlie-girl she is.  And to top off our fun-filled day, both girls had a little bubble-blowing fun before we called it a day.
How about those purple socks?

I think Libby is checking her deoderant here....


And tasting the bubbles here.

No comments:

Post a Comment