Tuesday, June 5, 2012

25 Things You Never Wanted to Know About Me.

As I've read through some of my favorite blogs, I have come across several of the '25 things about me' lists.  Here is my list of 25 things you probably have no interest in knowing about me.  Please still love me afterwards. :)


1.       I am a sucker for magazines.  Seriously.  I can NOT walk through the checkout aisle at Wal-Mart, Target, anywhere actually, without picking one up.  Southern Living, Scrapbooks, Etc., Country Living, Women’s Running Magazine… anything with a glossy cover. 

2.       Before becoming an education major, I was planning to be a nurse anesthetist.  Even worked nightshift in the ICU at Decatur General Hospital.  Loved it.  REALLY loved it.  Hated the hours.  REALLY hated the hours.

3.       I worked for a photographer for a while, took photography classes, and really wanted to pursue that as a side-career.  I still have a very close relationship with my camera.  Justin understands.

4.       Ballpark nachos are my absolute favorite food in the entire world.

5.       My name is Courtney and I am addicted to Mt. Dew.  Completely.  As in, I have around 5 20-oz Dews, just during the school day.

6.       In addition to the Mt. Dew addiction, I really love coffee.  Three sugars, 2 creams.  Maybe this abundance of caffeine is why I am so high-strung.

7.       Green.  It’s the best color in the world. 

8.       I am a music junkie.  Country, Christian, Hard rock, rap, R&B……. all kinds.

9.       I really, really, really hate being late.

10.   I still wear scrunchies.  Don’t judge.

11.   I have a tattoo.  On my stomach.  It is the Japanese Kanji meaning ‘blessed.’  (Yes, I know that is says ‘blessed’ and not something crazy like ‘eggroll’.)

12.   Right next to my tattoo, I have a 5-inch vertical scar from a really scary surgery that I had in November of 2011.  Maybe I’ll tell you more about that one day.

13.   I would really like to author a book.  Probably a children’s book.

14.   I cannot sit still to watch tv or a movie.  I am constantly moving or fidgeting.  Maybe this has something to do with my caffeine intake.

15.   I am directionally-impaired.  My 5-year old can get us to more places than I can.  It’s sad.

16.   I love sports—I did just about everything in high school except basketball or soccer.  

17.   I am a fast runner.  And I like to run.  I try to run in several 5K races a year.

18.   I am really bad at math.  Seriously, I have to think hard about 6 times 7.  42, right?

19.   I broke two of my fingers playing touch football in 6th grade.  I forgot it was ‘touch’ football.

20.   I’m pretty good with a shotgun.

21.   The Fast and Furious movies are my favorites—all five of them.

22.   I am deeply in lust with Vin Diesel.

23.   I secretly hope my blog becomes as popular as The Pioneer Woman.

24.   I only eat blue M&M’s.

25.   I don’t like talking on the phone.  I’d rather text, email, or talk to you in person. 

Feel free to create your own list and share it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment