Sunday, March 30, 2014

One of the Greatest Posts I'll Ever Write


For a few months now, Kyndall has been asking questions about salvation.  Little things.  Tiny questions.  Justin and I have been very careful to only answer the questions she asks.  We did not want to volunteer any information or persuade her in any way.  Salvation at such an early age is a tenuous thread.

Last Sunday after church, as I was tucking her into bed, Kyndall asked me (again) what happens after you die.  I started with the superficial "You have a funeral and then you are buried..." but she wanted more.  I told her that some people go to Heaven and some go to Hell.  She reiterated to me the things she has heard over many years of being raised in church--that you must be saved to go to Heaven, that to be saved you have to ask Jesus into your heart, that Jesus forgives you of your sin.  And then she looked at me with confidence and said "Can I do it right now?"  And there, tucked in between her pink and purple sheets and all her stuffed animals, we prayed.

There were tears in both our eyes as she asked Him to come into her heart, to forgive him of her sins.

The next day, we met with our pastor.  He is the same man who baptized Justin and performed our marriage ceremony and I am so glad that God has given him such a strong part in our story.  He asked Kyndall several questions, all of which she could answer.  We set the date for her public confession of faith--her baptism.

This morning, at 10:30 a.m., she was baptized.  There is no greater feeling than to know that my big girl's future is secure.



Luke 18:17 I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.
Matthew 18:3 Truly I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment