Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Keeping Up With the Kardashians


Last weekend we went on yet another getaway.  I know, we're rivaling the Kardashians, right?  Only, I'm pretty sure they don't do their own laundry.... Anyways, we traveled to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee with a few of my teacher friends and their kids.  Quite a cute crew, am I right?

We stayed at the Inn at Christmas Place.  They celebrate Christmas year round!  When we got there on Friday night, they were having a marshmallow roast.  All the kids (and moms!) ate plenty of marshmallows.  I like mine just barely warmed--just enough to be melted.  I was surprised how many people liked to burn the marshmallow on the outside.  That's just gross!



Every night, the inn put out milk and cookies.  The good, Otis Spunkmeyer cookies.  (Needless to say, I gained around 25 pounds on this little trip!)  They also had complementary breakfast every morning--made to order omelets, waffles, biscuits and gravy--anything your heart (or stomach!)could want!

We spent most of Saturday at the outlets doing a little shopping.  For being such good sports, we took the kids to see the Lego movie and eat Mexican food after.

Saturday night, Santa made an appearance at the Inn and performed for us.  He sang several Christmas carols before posing for pictures with all the kids.



On Sunday, we drove up the mountain to Gatlinburg.  We walked up and down the streets, checking out all the cool stuff.  We watched them make Taffy at the taffy store, bought chocolate at the fudge shop, and watched a few magic tricks.  The kids played a round of mini golf and then we rode the lift up the mountain to see the gorgeous view.



We spent the day Monday traveling home, taking our time, not quite wanting the trip to end.  It's always so much fun to getaway with friends.  We're all hoping to make this a yearly tradition!  Now if only I can find someone to do my laundry for me.....





No comments:

Post a Comment