Thursday, March 21, 2013

Project Life 2013........ My Process (or lack of!)

Hi.  My name is Courtney and I am addicted to digital kits.  Seriously, I can't pick a favorite.  This has always been a problem for me--I just like everything!  I have purchased Clementine and Amber project life kits, and several other regular kits.  They are just so cute :)

So I have given lots of thought to my process when it comes to my project life pages.  The conclusion? I don't have one.  If you read my blog with any regularity, you know that I am completely random.  I have always said that I have ADD and bounce from one topic to another with the blink of an eye.  My scrapbooking style reflects this.  But this is what I've found.  Most weeks, I already know what our days look like.  I check my calendar and know what the "big events" are.  For example, last week we had the Art Show, Book Fair, and a birthday party.  With this in mind, I'm able to work on my pages throughout the week, whenever I have time.

My weeks run from Monday to Sunday, so that my weekend is together.  On Tuesday, I might see which photos I have taken so far and add them to my layout.  On Thursday, I'll add more.  After the "big events", I'll add those photos in.  Usually, on Sunday night, I sit down and spend about an hour adding any journaling, elements, etc.  and then save in three formats:  photoshop (for editing), jpeg (for blog publishing), and photoshop png (for printing).

I also don't do a lot of photo editing, so that simplifies my project.  I use lots of photos from Instagram.  If it's not an Instagram photo, I normally use either the auto edits, or the slider to adjust the coloring.  (Obviously, I'm not a professional--I'm not even sure what the tool is called!) That's the whole point of Project Life though, right? To keep it simple? If I'm spending lots of time trying to edit my photos, this process would be way to complicated for me to finish.

So that's my lack-of a process, in a nutshell.  If anything, I am inspiration that ANYONE can do this project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment