Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Written on the Wall

The West family is considering a few MAJOR changes right now.  We (Justin and I) feel that these things are in God's plan, but would REALLY like a little assurance in some way.  I "coincidentally" came upon this song by Todd Agnew.  The chorus is like this:

I wish you still spoke through burning bushes,
And I wish you still wrote on blocks of stone,
'Cause the sound of this world's deafening
And I'm having a hard time listening
And I wish your will was still written on the wall.

And my favorite verse:

I can't seem to find you
I just need a little clue
It doesn't have to be the parting of the sea
If you'd just show me
your way.
I know you still want to speak to me
Cause I know your love

So if you are reading this, please take a second and pray that Justin and I would follow God's will and have a peace that we are following His will and not ours.  And look up Todd Agnew on youtube--he has some amazing songs that are so very honest about what he sometimes feels as a believer.

Speaking of writings, I am currently reading book 2 of the Inn Boonsboro series, written by Nora Roberts. I'm a HUGE Nora Roberts fan, and if you haven't read any of her books, this series is perfect. Book 2 is titled The Last Boyfriend-- a little romance, a little mystery, even a touch of the supernatural.   (If you're interested, book 1 is The Next Always.)

Also on my summer reading list are the following:
Just a bit of humor: I realized as I was making this list that all of these books, with the exception of Harry Potter, are faith-based novels. I guess after reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, God knew I needed to cover that trash up with some good, moral information. He DOES have a sense of humor :)

Have you read any of these books?  Have any great summer reads you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment